List of receipients of Dr. H.C. Srivastava Young Scientist Award since 2010
2010 Dr. Rajan Shah, University of Toronto, Canada
2011 Dr. K.P.R. Kartha, NIPER, Mohali
2012 Dr. Vinod Tewari, BHU-2012
2013 Dr.Vineet Kumar,FRI,Dehradun-2013
2014 Dr. Anup Kumar Misra, Bose Institute, Kolkata
2015 Prof. T. Mohan Das, CUTN, Thiruvarur, TN
2016 Prof. Suvern Kulkarni, IIT-Bombay, Mumbai
2017 Prof. Balaram Mukhopadhyay, IISER-Kolkata
Prof. Balaram Mukhopadhyay receiving his award during CARBO-XXXII at I.I.T.-Kharagpur, West Bengal
Criterion and Eligibility
- The ACCT(I) announces a new award in memory of Dr. H.C. Srivastava as decided at the CARBO XXV, Silver jubilee conference held at Shimla in 2010.
- Any citizen of India engaged in research in any field of science and technology of carbohydrates up to the age of 45 (as decided in the meeting) years as reckoned on 31st December of the year preceding the year of the Prize.
- The award carries prize money of Rs. 10000.00 with a citation, is given by the Local Organizing Committee of the annual forthcoming Carbohydrate Conferences.
- It is bestowed on a person who, in the opinion of ACCT(I), has made conspicuously important and outstanding contributions to human knowledge and progress – fundamental and applied – in the particular field of carbohydrates.
- The Prize is awarded on the basis of contributions made through work done primarily in India during the ten years preceding the year of the Prize. (For this purpose ‘primarily’ will mean ‘for the most part’)
- Publication numbers in leading national and international journals, patents applied/ granted, technologies developed and commercialized, citation numbers of the papers and impact factors will be the criteria for evaluation of research contributions.
- Evaluators themselves will be persons of high caliber, have worked enormously in the field of carbohydrates and be a member of important decision making bodies.
- It is also desirable that a continuous effort in a particular direction leading to definite conclusion may be taken into consideration. – may be deleted
- Besides the above points, consideration of contribution towards the upliftment of the ACCT(I), eTCR & CNL in any form shall be taken into consideration.
- All applicants must be the members of the Association for minimum one year.
- Interested applicants must apply on plain paper as well as send electronic copy to the Secretary, ACCT(I), with full bio-data by 30th September.
- Decisions of the evaluators will be final and will be binding on the applicants.